The mission of the Schenectady County Public Library is to satisfy our community's educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs by providing free and open access to a comprehensive range of materials, services and programs.
Schenectady County Public Library
Explosive Summer Reading Fun for All Ages!
- Fizz, Boom, Read!
Pre-School Summer Reading Club: June 23 - August 22
- Pick up an activity sheet for reading with your pre-schooler this summer. Turn it in for a small prize!
- Fizz, Boom, Read!
Children's Reading Club: June 23 - August 22
- Pick up a reading record and keep track of your summer reading. Prizes and raffles all summer!
- Spark a Reaction...Read!
Teen Reading Club: June 23 - August 22
- Pick up a reading record and write down the books you read. Get a prize after reading 2 books and 5 books. Also earn a raffle ticket for each book read and extra raffle tickets for filling out a short review on our website or in the library. Prize drawings throughout the summer.
- Literary Elements
Adult Reading Club: June 21 - August 22
- Sign up for the Adult Summer Reading Club at any SCPL branch. Then read and attend programs for chances to win ASRC prizes. Here’s how:
- Read and fill out a book summary. Earn a raffle ticket for each summary submitted.
- Complete and submit one or more of the Literary Elements activity sheets. Receive a raffle ticket for each 100% correct submission.
- Attend the NYSCA book discussions on Tuesday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 29 at 6:30pm and receive 5 bonus raffle tickets for each one attended.
Are you looking for fun, FREE, things to do this summer? From magicians and jousters to book discussions and crafts, we have activities for all ages. Check our Events Calendar or download the July & August Program Calendar.
Tired of waiting for your eBook reserve? New and Popular titles are now available in eBook format at OneClick Digital.
Available only to SCPL patrons!
eBook and eAudiobook formats!
Learn a new language! Mango Languages offers lessons using real-life situations and audio from native speakers with simple, clear instructions. There are 60 languages including German, French, Russian, Italian Greek, Korean, and Spanish. Mango is also available in English as a Second Language (ESL) versions for speakers of 16 foreign languages, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Russian, and Portuguese. Click here for a complete list of available languages.
Bornt Branch Library and Family Literacy Center
The Duane and Hamilton Hill Branch Libraries will be merging into the new Bornt Branch Library and Family Literacy Center. We want your ideas for making this a library you and your family will visit often.
Download our survey and let us know what you would like. Surveys may be returned to any SCPL Branch.