The mission of the Schenectady County Public Library is to satisfy our community's educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs by providing free and open access to a comprehensive range of materials, services and programs.
The Power of Your Library Card
Effective September 4, 2013, the following changes will be made to our borrowing policies:
- There is a limit of 10 DVDs per card. This is up from 4.
- The DVD loan period is 7 days. This is up from 5 days.
- DVDs may now be renewed once*
- There is NO LIMIT on borrowing or placing hold requests on music CDs, magazines, audiobooks, and children's or adult materials (except Book Express).
- Most items are renewable (except Book Express).*
*Items with outstanding hold requests may not be renewed.
Click here for a complete list of all item limits, loan periods, fines and renewals.